The Senior Companion Volunteer Program pairs individuals who are 55 and older with seniors, adults with special needs, and their caregivers to provide care and support. Each Senior Companion Volunteer visits between two and five clients each week to assist with light housekeeping, meal preparation, companionship, and transportation. Income eligible volunteers may receive a modest, tax-free stipend that doesn’t affect Social Security, disability or other similar payments. The rewards of this program are bountiful with both the volunteer and the client benefiting in numerous ways.
The Senior Companion Volunteer helps the client by:
- Easing loneliness for their clients
- Providing friendship
- Assisting clients to maintain their independence
- Helping clients remain in their own homes where they are usually the most comfortable and happy
Rewards of Volunteering:
- Satisfaction from helping others
- A modest hourly, tax-free stipend for income eligible participants
- Transportation reimbursement
- Accident and liability insurance while on duty
The Area Agency on Aging of West Central Arkansas is in compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act.
Caring volunteers needed.
The Senior Companion Program needs caring seniors. For information about becoming a Senior Companion please fill out the information.
"*" indicates required fields
To Reach A Senior Companion Office Call the Number for Your County Listed Below
|Clark & Pike Counties
|Conway & Perry Counties
|Hot Spring County
|Pope & Yell Counties